Campaign for Liberty

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Sorry it's been so long again! I've been wanting to post some pictures, but we just don't take pictures very often, and also, it's not very often that our house is clean enough to take pictures of to show off...

Anyway, things have been a little different since I stepped down from my ASL position. At the end of the year, everyone's hours had gotten cut who wasn't management, so my hours got cut after I stepped down. I am now working 30 hours a week instead of 40. It's kinda nice because I'm not so tired after work and have more free time, and I have actually still been doing pretty good as far as my numbers at work! I tried to get a job at Starbucks and there's a long story there, but it ended up falling through. I really don't know what to do, if I should keep trying to look for another part time job or if I should just stick with working the 30 hours a week at Hair Cuttery and just doing some hair out of our house for our friends and stuff. I would definitely appreciate your prayers and advice on this!!! However, one good thing is that I haven't been feeling nearly as stressed out as I used to! There's still drama at work, Clareese is still basically insane, but it's been a huge weight off my back not to have to worry about it anymore! We have 2, possibly 3 girls leaving soon, so please just pray that we fill those spaces with people who will work as a team and have good attitudes!!!

We got to go home last weekend, my brother Evan was in the musical at Leo called Wonderful Town, and it was such a fun musical! It's always so fun to watch people that you know, it makes it that much more hilarious! We spent Saturday with my family and then went over to Kevin and Julie's after church on Sunday. Sunday night, we got together with some of our friends for coffee, and we ended up getting back to Chicago at about 1 a.m....it was SO NICE to be at home with our friends and family! We will be back at the end of April for Jesse's cousin Chanda's wedding.

Jesse's on spring break right now, he'll go back to school next Tuesday. He's still been working at the help desk, and the crazy thing is that he's been working from 7-12 so he doesn't even get to sleep in on his spring break!!! But at least he can come home and relax, right???

Well, I think that's all for now, I'll try to get our house decent and post some pictures soon, we haven't posted any house pictures since we moved in and there were still boxes everywhere...it looks completely different now!!! I hope you all have a wonderful Easter with your families, we will be here celebrating at our wonderful church and then with some friends afterwards! By the way, if any of you are interested in checking our church out, go to www.gracechicago.com. There is even a sample on there of the cd that the worship ensemble put out in December of some songs that we do at church, it's very unique and we love it!!!

1 comment:

Judy in Indiana said...

I am glad you got some time be "home" with relatives. My idea of a fun time at home with relatives is when we all pile into my bed at night, even the dog is often there. It is Scott's pet peeve though, he does not like kids in the bed, not even for one minute.

Sorry that Starbucks fell through, but you know what? I don't drink cofee and don't like Starbucks' prices, so maybe it is all for the best.. I am an old scrooge, I know.