Campaign for Liberty

Friday, July 10, 2009

My how time flies...

Well, we probably lost all of our readers these past few months, because we haven't posted anything in like 3 1/2 months!!! I am so sorry...being new parents has completely consumed our lives, and we are NOT complaining about that at all! We would not trade it for ANYTHING!!!

Things have been going really well for us! Aidan has started to pretty much sleep through the night, which is awesome :) Every once in a while, he will wake up at night and need to be rocked for a few minutes, but those nights are few and far between now. He is already 4 1/2 months old!!! It's crazy how fast time is going, and how much he changes every day! He is so much more alert and active now. He rolled over for the first time on his 4 month birthday, he is SUPER smiley and usually a pretty happy baby. He has been above average for his size at all of his appointments, and has done really well with his immunizations :) I would love to post pictures on here, but there are WAY too many to pick from! You can check them all out on my Facebook page. If you don't have Facebook, just let me know and I will send you a link ;) We are totally and completely in love with our precious little miracle!!! I still look at him sometimes and think "WOW, he is MY baby!!!" It still blows me away, I am so amazed by how perfect he is!

Jesse finished regular classes in May and took two summer classes in June to help catch up from the lighter load he took last semester because of the baby coming. He took a class on Romans, and a class called Communication of Biblical Truth, where he had to write a sermon and deliver it to the class. The professor critiqued it the first time so that the students could make changes/improvements, and then they gave their sermons again for a final grade. He got an A in the class :) Now, he is working at the help desk and enjoying having his evenings free! He goes back to school in mid-August for his final year of school! YAY!!!

Most of you probably know that on my last day of work before my maternity leave, my boss was told at the end of the day that I might not have a job to come back to, so he had to tell me the bad news right when I was getting ready to walk out the door. I was really hoping that things would work out, that he would be able to talk them into letting me stay, but it didn't work out. My maternity leave that was supposed to be six weeks ended up turning into about 2 1/2 months! I ended up finding a nannying position on Craigslist and started on May 5th. The little boy's name is Taha, his parents are Ozzy and Fazila (they are Pakistani). I knew from the beginning that they would not be able to pay me much, but at the time, it was the only position that was offered to me, and we figured that it would at least help us (and them) out for a little while. They applied for a childcare assistance program so that I could get paid more, and I told them that if the program didn't come through, that I would not be able to help them out anymore. Well, they were denied three times (they appealed it twice after the first denial notice)! It has been a rough few months for me; the entire situation just is not good! The only good thing about it is that I get to spend all day, every day with Aidan :) Anyway, after they were finally denied the third time, I told them that with Jesse in school, I really need to bring home a full-time income, and they said they understood. I kept an eye out for new nannying positions so that I could still stay with Aidan, but just couldn't find anything. I applied for two bank jobs, and a bunch of other random stuff online, but nothing came of any of them. Well I finally decided to try a salon that was opening up in our neighborhood, and I was hired! It's a really nice salon that is for men only. It is a very relaxed, laid back atmosphere, and the owners (a couple named George and Maria) are super nice and easy-going. They want to do all they can to bring me business! I told Ozzy and Fazila that my last day is going to be next Friday, and I am starting at the salon on the 20th. Jesse's cousin Eric's wife Marti is going to watch Aidan for us as we look for a more permanent childcare solution, which is a HUGE blessing! We thank you all so much for your prayers as I have been job-searching, and ask that you continue to pray that God would lead us to just the right babysitter for our precious Aidan!

I think that is all for now; again, please forgive us for not posting!!! We hope you all have an awesome weekend, and can't wait to see all of you again :)

No comments: