Campaign for Liberty

Monday, December 18, 2006

laundromat musings and a couple of thank you's

So I finished up classes without failing. It's amazing how I am working almost full time now, yet I feel like I have so much free time that I don't know what to do with myself! Work is extremely slow, since most of the students are at home for Christmas break. I'm loving Christmas Break, though. Most of my time is spent reading and playing the guitar, with some video games thrown in.

Yesterday was a pretty lazy day. Stephanie and I went to do the laundromat yesterday afternoon and washed just about all of our clothes. While we were sitting there waiting on the washers, I noticed the employee there folding laundry. At this laundromat (and possibly other ones - I don't know, I'm not an expert on laundromat services) they offer drop-off services, so some people just leave their clothes there and the employees wash, dry, and fold them. Anyway, I noticed that the employee was folding this person's unmentionables, and thought to myself 'Wouldn't that be awful to have to fold a stranger's underwear?' I doubt that guy gets paid well, so I felt kind of bad for him.

And last but certainly not least, we had company last weekend. Aunt Lisa, Damon, Hailie, Grandpa and Grandma came up to visit, and to get haircuts from none other than my fabulous wife. We really enjoyed the company, even though it was ridiculously cold that day. Grandpa and I tried to go on a walk in an effort to escape the salon, but the -150 f wind chill made us decide to cut the walk short. We only made it around the block, and barely.

So that's a summary of what's up in the City of Wind.
P.S. wanted to make sure I got that last part in, after seeing the possible consequences ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darn! Grandma might put you back on the Christmas list yet! And I was so hoping for a box of guitar picks from Jesse's stash and some nice curlers from Steph's. Well, at least it will keep me from being at the laundramat looking at other people's unmentionables with curlers in my hair and songs in my heart.

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with your relatives? Don't they know if they read a blog, they should make a small offering, a token reply. We'll have to explain that it's not nice to "lurk" and that they should take the opportunity of updated posts to tell you, at the very least, that they love and miss you. I'll have to tell them this rule at our Christmas gathering, I guess.

Here's the rule: Always be polite and leave a small comment in return. Of course, the rule does not apply to Uncle Scott. He is a man of few words, whether written or spoken. (He was like this when I found him many years ago, so no, it's not because he has been beaten into submission through the years.)

Jesse and Stephanie said...

That's right; I KNOW how many people have been through here. So don't think you can slip by unnoticed - I see the numbers!