Campaign for Liberty

Friday, June 22, 2007

my brush with greatness for the day

After achieving less than favorable (or no) results from riding my bike to work, I decided to hit the weights and get a little more strict on the diet (not that I really have a diet). So, yesterday was my "maiden voyage," if you will, to Solheim athletic complex for the summer. I went to the weight room, and much to my surprise, it was quite full. Some of the people there were Moody employees, and some were probably students on campus for the summer, but there were some other people there too. There was a group of women who were very tall, very athletic and were making me feel really bad when I saw their workout. They had a trainer with them, and a couple of times I heard one of them let loose with a mild expletive. I knew these were not Moody athletes.

After I was finished, I went back to the locker room and saw another Moody employee there. We got to chatting, and he told me that those women were no ordinary women. They were WNBA players from the local team. I had heard that NBA teams sometimes use our athletic complex when they are in town to play the Bulls, but I had never seen it myself - until today. I have now decided that I have no reason to feel bad after seeing those women work out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember when you ran track and you "got beat by the cripple" as your mom said. Maybe you do need to step up your workout just a bit more. Yeah, it's easy for me to give advice, since I obviously don't take it.

Jesse and Stephanie said...

I vaguely remember that. It's possible that I've subconsciously tried to block it memory. I'm trying to remember where that was at ... oh well.

Anonymous said...

You know you would get more comments if you blogged more. You should set aside some time each wek to tell us how you are and what you are doing. Some people even blog daily, (I've heard) but let's start with baby steps here.