Campaign for Liberty

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

At the laundromat...

So I am so excited because I just figured out that the laundromat has wireless, so I actually have something to do while I'm doing the laundry! I saw people here with their laptops before, so I thought I'd bring ours this time!

Anyway...things are still going well for us, we did get to go to Fort Wayne this weekend, we left right from my work when I got off at 3:00 and we made it home in about 3 1/2 hours, so that was pretty good! We spent Saturday night with my family and then went to lunch with Jesse's family and went to visit Aubrey in the hospital. For those of you who don't know, she has Crohn's disease, and has been in the hospital with complications...it's a long story, but please keep her in your prayers! Anyway, we then went to my cousin Jessica's wedding reception, and then met some of our friends for coffee...then we had to come back home on Sunday night because I had to work on Monday. It was so dead at the salon on Monday...I was SO frustrated because while I was sitting there doing absolutely nothing, I could have been in Fort Wayne with family, or I could have been at home with Jesse, who had the day off school...

So about the ice cream social the other night...it was GREAT! We spent most of the evening talking to two couples. The one couple I have mentioned before. His name is Michael, and he has a bunch of classes with Jesse because their majors are very similar. His wife's name is LeeAnne, and she is a cosmetologist just like me! We had a lot in common...I think Michael is a lot like Jesse, and LeeAnne is a lot like me...we are both outgoing, Jesse and Michael are more laid back. So then...this is crazy...Jesse had been in chapel one day and saw a guy he thought he went to high school with, and the guy approached Jesse and said 'hey, didn't you go to New Haven?', so that was crazy enough. Well, we get to the ice cream social, and there he is! And we were just talking and he asked me where I went to high school, and when I told him Leo, he's like 'no way! My wife went to Leo!' So it turns out that Noah and Jesse graduated a year apart from New Haven and Maggie and I graduated a year apart from Leo! I had been told to look for her by some people at church who know her, but go figure that our husbands went to the same high school! CRAZY! So now we have some new friends and tomorrow night is the first meeting of the Student Wives' Fellowship, they meet every Thursday for Bible study, worship, and mentoring time, so I am SO excited! I can finally meet some other young ladies who are in the same boat as I am, and, as Anne of Green Gables would say, hopefully make some 'bosom friends'. (You'll have to excuse me, I am a huge fan of Anne of Green Gables...the processional at our wedding was the theme song from the movies...) I will keep you all updated, but this has been long enough for now...and don't forget that we love to hear from all of you, so make sure to leave comments for us!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isnt it amazing how God works, how often would it happen that you would meet 2 couples that have something in common with you. I am excited for you for the Bible Study, I know for a fact that is where you can meet true friends and can share without worrying what people will think. You two are in my prayers every day.
Grandma Jan

Anonymous said...

Steph,
I'm so HAPPY for you!! Isn't cool how God introduces you to people at the exact right moment?! I'm so happy you have met some people to hang out with and do double dates with. I cannot wait to make a trip to visit you sometime in the near future! I told Jason we have to do it before Christmas! Well I love you! Have a great week, I have to get ready for my class @ 1pm. Call me soon!

Anonymous said...

So, about that coffee thing...we didn't stand you up, I promise. Maybe we were mixed up or something though, cuz I thought you said Higher Grounds at Maplecrest/St. Joe Center at 7 and we were there until about 7:20 and no one else was. I would have tried to call, but I don't have your number. Sorry we missed ya.

Laura and Andy

Anonymous said...

I am glad you saw Aubrey last weekend. Grandma thinks she is more than ready to go home, mentally that is. I'd be stir crazy if I were her. I am happy yu have friend possibilities, too. I'll have to read Anne of Green gables someday, another classic book I have never read!

Wally said...

hey did you get my email? a

Anonymous said...

hey sweetie. I am glad to hear things are going well for you. I am so sorry to hear about aubrey. I hadnt heard anything about that? Please send her some love for me. She will definitely be in my prayers.

Jill Hertenstein

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the prayers, guys! I went and saw Dr. Edlun today and he said I'm doing great. He's going to start tapering me off the prednisone in 2 weeks, and we'll see if the Crohn's flares back up. If it does, then surgery. If it doesn't (let's hope!), then I'll be on the road to recovery. Glad to hear that you've made such wonderful friends. I pray for you every day.
Love, Aubrey

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the prayers, guys! I met with Dr. Edlun today and he said that he's very pleased. He'll start tapering me off the Prednisone in 2 weeks, and if the Crohn's flares back up, then surgery. If it doesn't (let's hope!), then I'm on the road to recovery! Glad to hear that you made some new friends. It was so good to see you at the hospital. I pray for you every day. We miss you!

Love, Aubrey