Campaign for Liberty

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Here's an update!

Sorry it's been a while again, we are just so busy! It should help that on Wednesday of this week, we are getting phone service in our apartment, which leads to us getting DSL on Thursday! It will definitely make it easier to post more because we will be able to have internet access at home, instead of having to wait until we go to the laundromat or spending money at the coffeehouse around the corner (where I am right now) to be able to access their wireless!

There's not much to report, just the same old, same old! Jesse's been busy with school and work, and I have definitely been busy at work...I just dread going to work on Saturday because we're so busy all week, and from 3 to 7 (close) on Saturday, it's just me and one other girl at the salon, which is majorly stressful when the lobby is full of people wanting haircuts! I still really like my job, but we are SO busy that by the end of the week, I am just burned out and ready for Sunday, a day to sleep in a little, try out a new church, and relax all afternoon!

Speaking of church, we went to a church just around the corner from our house on Sunday. It's called the Good News Bible Church, and our landlord is an elder there, so that's cool. It's another of the older churches that is really cool, and it was a really good service! The worship time was great, and the pastor was really laid back. He's been preaching from Acts and has a motion for each chapter to help you remember what the chapter is about, and he had everyone get up and do the motions with him, so that was fun! I think maybe we'll go back for a few weeks and get used to it and see what we think. It would be great if we decided to stay because it's so close to our house, we can walk there in like five minutes! There were some other students from Moody there, so that was neat, too.

Saturday night, we went to a choir/orchestra concert at Moody because Michael is in the chorale. It was a really good concert, and for the last number, they had all three choirs sing with the orchestra, and it was absolutely incredible. It made me miss choir so much! Afterwards, we went with Michael and Leeanne to Informal, which is pretty much Moody's version of Saturday Night Live. It was great, they had a bunch of skits and some games similar to what you'd find on Whose Line is it Anyway?, but it was totally clean, so that was great!

Well, I think that's everything, so we'll continue to keep you all updated, please keep commenting because we love to hear from you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not much to say on my end. My dog is sitting at my side, whining for attention, wishing my hands were petting her, rather than typing on the keyboard.

Anonymous said...

Hey you guys. Glad to hear from you, I think and pray for you often. I just came from visiting Aubrey and she said I can't believe it "I dont have any pain.' Prayers are definitely being answered for her. SOrry you are so busy, hope you dont get burned out, at least you have some social life. Grandpa is down at Child Evangelism Camp this week doing some volunteer work while I keep the home fires burning. Hope to see you soon. Love you, Grandma Jan