Campaign for Liberty

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Busy, busy, busy...

The last while has been pretty slow at work...busy days here and there, but generally pretty slow, so I was hoping that the closer the holidays got, the busier it would get...and it has been SO busy the last two days! Not to the point where there were just tons of people waiting in the lobby, but our door was pretty much a revolving door all day yesterday and today, and I have already done almost $400 in services just the last two days! And considering that haircuts are only $13 apiece...I have had three color clients, but even so, that is a LOT of money in services for only two days! Tomorrow will probably be just as busy, so needless to say, I am so glad that we get to come and spend Thanksgiving in Fort Wayne and relax with our families! Please say a prayer for safety in travel for us as we head back Wednesday evening and will be returning to Chicago on Friday morning!

We made more new friends...I met Danielle at Student Wives, and guess what...she does hair, too! So now, there's me, Leeanne, and Danielle who do hair, plus the coordinator of SWF, Lisa, does hair, too! Danielle and her husband Craig live just around the corner from us, and we had them over for lunch on Sunday, and then I did Danielle's hair Sunday afternoon while the guys were poring over their school books, then they came back over Sunday night and we watched a movie together! They are super nice, and they are both very easygoing, so we get along with them really well! I just praise God for the continued blessings of new friends, that was one thing I was really worried about when we moved! We have so many awesome friends in Indiana, and the thought of starting completely over was just so overwhelming, but God has blessed us so richly...I just have to laugh when I think that two of the first friends that I have made here are also cosmetologists...God is just so awesome! Another thing I was worried about was finding a church...I thought we would search for months to find the right place, and we already are attending a church that we love! And to make it even better, it is about a five minute walk from our house, and our landlord (who works at Moody) is an elder there, so...all of these "Godincidences" keep happening, and as much as I miss Indiana, I can't doubt for a second that we are perfectly in the center of God's will! Thank you all for your continued prayers and for reading this...make sure to keep commenting because we love to hear from you! We love you all, have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought w emight see you at Thanksgiving, but we won't be in New haven after all. Maybe we'll see you at Christmas. It's so nice you have a church you can walk to. nice, I guess till the winter winds come your way. Stay warm.

Anonymous said...

Good to see you two this past weekend. I'm so happy that God has blessed you with provision and relationships. Erica and I pray for you each night at bedtime. Blessings!

P.S. I might need a haircut in December (hee! hee!).