Campaign for Liberty

Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. We did; we went home to Indiana on Wed. night and came back Friday morning. It was great to see family that we haven't seen in quite a while. Christmas will be here before we know it, and we will get to see everyone again! We also had company this weekend. My good friend Paul and his wife Tamber came to the city this weekend, and we had our first guests stay in our apartment. A grand time was had by all ... we watched Elf on Friday, and went downtown on Saturday. Do yourself a favor, don't go to Chicago on Thanksgiving weekend. The crowds were CRAZY down by the water tower. We did get to see the storefronts at Macy's; the theme was Mary Poppins.

Anyway, the semester is coming to an end. I have a few more class periods, a few papers, a bunch of reading, and finals, and I will finally feel like I have started to accomplish something. Seven more semesters really doesn't sound like that long, seeing how quickly the first has gone by. Time doesn't wait for anybody, that's for sure. It's amazing how quickly it goes. I wonder where we will be, or what we will be doing three and a half years from now? I still wonder what I'm cut out for ... what can I do with the gifts I have? Hmmm... if only there were a profession where you play guitar, drink coffee, talk, build weird stuff out of other weird stuff, work on stuff, and think about things that other people probably could care less about, then I would know what I want to be when I grow up. I guess for now I will just study music and the Bible, and see what I come up with. It's working out pretty well so far.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jesse & Stephanine!! Hang on-- Emma has something she wants to say... jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj. Okay, I think that says "I love you and miss you!!"777777777777777777777777777777777--- (not sure bout that one!)
I'm glad you were able to come home for Thanksgiving and that you had a good time. I am so glad that you both are enjoying Chicago and believing that you are in the center of God's will! Your right, time is going so fast-- but you guys are really making the most of it. Please know you are in our thoughts and prayers!! Love you!

Shelli (for the Eichers')

Anonymous said...

Hey you two! First of all, Jesse, I am so impressed at your attitude towards school and I'm really glad you like it. I only have one semester left and that still seems like forever sometimes, but look at it this way...at least you've got 7 to figure out what you sorta kinda want to do. I'm down to one and am still clueless. Oh well, it's kind of nice not to have my life all planned out sometimes because I'm sure God will have a different idea for it anyways :) And Steph, it's great to hear you're doing so well at work and in the making friends business. I know you were worried but both of you guys are so personable and hospitable that it'd be impossible for you not to make friends. Well, I've gotta get to work, but I look forward to seeing you around the holidays.
P.S. We may be heading your way in January sometime so we'll let you know when and hopefully we can hook up.

Laura

Anonymous said...

Did Grandma tell you I am going to Kenya? I leave April 20 for two weeks. I am going with some friends from church. Scott will stay here with the boys and the dog. I will be at a hospital in Eldoret, which our church sponsors. I can't wait. I miss Africa so much.

Anonymous said...

Hey you guys, it was so great seeing you at Thanksgiving. Jesse, your cousin Eric, paid you a great compliment. He told his Mom that you play Jimmy Hendricks music better that Jimmy Hendricks himself. And Marti thinks Stephanie does wonders with hair, I think Alison is going to call you while she is in Chicago to get her hair cut. Dont worry about tomorrow and what it will bring because God has it all planned out anyway. You two are marvelous.
Well I gotta go to bed, worked 10 hours today plus taught a class tonight, I am beat. Are you getting snow?