Campaign for Liberty

Thursday, November 09, 2006

a short note from stephanie

So I realized that I haven't written anything in a while, that Jesse has been updating you all, so I thought I'd leave a short and sweet post! Things at work have been going really well...the month of October was overall pretty slow, but it's already picking up as Thanksgiving approaches! The fiscal year for Hair Cuttery ended in October, so we had a meeting at our salon last night to regroup for the new year and get awards from last year, and I actually got an award for "Extraordinary Color Percentage", just meaning that the percentage of color services that I do is the highest, so that was exciting! I get along with everyone that I work with and have been handing out my business cards and have already had a few repeat clients, so that is great!

Otherwise, I am still trying to make new friends, and I have been hanging out with Leeanne almost every Thursday because we both have the day off! Just today, we discovered that there is actually a Wal-Mart only a few miles from my house...I thought it was a LOT farther, and we had been so Wal-Mart deprived!!! I made a new friend named Sarah, her husband Erik works with Jesse. She is really fun and they live right around the corner from us so we can just spontaneously get together sometimes!

We are not sure if we can make it home for Thanksgiving...the salon is open the day before and the day after, so my hours those days will determine if we could come home or not. We would love to, so just say a prayer that it works out!

No comments: