Campaign for Liberty

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

It's nice sometimes to just sit back and relax. Right now I'm sitting out on the back patio, the air is very cool, and there's a wonderful breeze blowing. The weather has been so blah here lately - it's been raining every day. It's been the kind of rain that you just hate to walk through; no matter which direction you walk in, it always hits you in the face, it makes your sleeves get wet enough that your shirt is just damp, and it looks so depressing. But now, the rain has let up and it's just great to sit and relax. The skies are clear, and everything just seems calm (except that little kid that I keep hearing let out a squeal every once in a while).

Mondays are so busy; I have to be at school at 8:00 for my first class, and between class and work there just isn't a big enough chunk of time to justify going home. I have Oratorio Chorus at 7:30 pm, so I'm gone from 7:00 am to about 9:30 pm. It's a great way to start off the week, just get the big day down first and then the rest of the week seems so much better. Wednesday is my early day. My last class is from 1:00-2:00, so I can go home as soon as I like after that, and it feels great to just take the rest of the day off.

I had my first guitar lesson yesterday. My teacher is a very interesting person. Actually, all of my teachers are interesting, and all of them are very funny, too. But my guitar instructor is especially neat. It's just different because he is going to be spending one-on-one time honing my skills, most likely for the next four years. I can't wait to have more lessons, though. I just love music lessons, because they force you to improve so rapidly, and it's something that you just couldn't do by yourself. It's great to have someone who knows more than you (and in this case, much, much more than you) watching over you to teach you a discipline like that.

This weekend we are coming home, but possibly for only one night. Stephanie works until 3:00 on Saturday, and she may have to work on Monday (but pray that she doesn't, so we can spend more time at home!). So we will be spending Sunday there, but that may be all. That's all I have for now.

Jesse

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you say you are going home, to where are you going? I mean, where do you stay? I am sure everyone will be glad to see you both again. I know you are loved and missed a lot.

Anonymous said...

Just want you both to know that you rock!! I am so glad things are going well for you 2 lovebugs . Hopefully I will see you guys this weekend. Toodles!!

Anonymous said...

OK, I feel like a total dork now, I have been reading your blogs, but didn't realize til today that I can leave comments. Anyway, I love getting the updates on what God is doing in your lives. You are much braver than me, moving to a big city, and I know that God is going to bless your socks off for your faithfulness.

Can't wait to see you this weekend. Don't let me forget, I have some new picts of my kiddos for you guys.

Love ya both,

Aunt Buns

Kurtis, Aimee - Nadia & Lana said...

Sounds like you're pretty busy! Keep up the good work. Hey Stephanie...when do you want to see Oprah? That would be fun sometime, before lots of snow hits the city!
Aimee