Campaign for Liberty

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Thoughts from Stephanie...

It's hard to believe that we have already been here two weeks! I have adjusted incredibly well...something I can only attribute to prayer, so thank you all SO much for all of your prayers! I can't doubt this is where we are supposed to be! I thought for sure that I would break down a few times, and I even warned Jesse that I probably would, but the only time I have cried was when I found the letter my mom left me after they helped us move! It's so amazing, I love it here! I have gotten the hang of the public transportation (at least what I need to get to work), and there have been a few times at night when I just look at the city all lit up and just think "wow, this is so cool!" I like my job so far, and most of the girls that I work with. My boss (Liza) is great, really upbeat and fun, and the girls have been so helpful! I have been SO busy and I have met so many great people, and a lot of people that I think will become my regulars! One of the first questions I always ask them is how long they have lived here, it always opens up the door to conversation, and it is so interesting, some people have been here their whole lives, and then I met someone the other day who, believe it or not, has actually lived here less time than us! I have been SO busy there that one day seems to run into the next, and I just can't wait to get home at night and just relax! I usually take the bus all the way to and from work, and last night, I got off work after the last bus had run, so I had to take the el (the elevated train) all the way home...it took forever because I had to ride all the way around the loop, but the view of the city from the brown line is just amazing, it goes over the Chicago river and I just sat there looking out the window, and wishing I had my camera!

Now I am just praying for some friends here! I have been absolutely loving all the time that Jesse and I are able to spend together... we weren't able to do that much before because we were involved in so much stuff! However, there are times when guys need to be with other guys and girls need to be with other girls! As Anne of Green Gables would say, I am praying for a 'bosom friend' here...someone that I can really connect with. It would be great if we could befriend a Christian couple our age...next Thursday, the Student Wives Fellowship at Moody is having an ice cream social for all the married students and their spouses, so I am really looking forward to that!

So I was really impressed with everything that Jesse did yesterday on his day off...of course, it's not hard work to do the laundry, but it is defintely time consuming! And, he made a WONDERFUL dinner last night...and he even waited until I got home at 9:00 to eat with me, and had to heat everything back up! Before when I was working part time, I felt bad asking him to help around the house because I had extra time on my hands. But now that we are both busy full time, I am definitely appreciative of the help, especially considering that I didn't even ask him to do anything, he just said yesterday morning that he was going to do the laundry, and dinner was just made when I got home last night! What an awesome blessing of a husband I have! :)
Well, I think that's all for now, and thank you all so much again for your prayers! God bless...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, we have always thought that Jesse was a great person, too. And we are so happy that he found you to marry. I am glad you are enjoying the adventure of Chicago. You'll feel settled with friends very soon and you'll wonder how the time went by so fast.

Anonymous said...

You two are very special people and blessed to have each other along with the Lord to lean on. I still pray for you daily.

Jan

Anonymous said...

I guess I should know by now that if I DON'T want to cry I shouldn't read your updates!!! I guess that's a mothers perogative tho, to cry about anything and everything related to her children!! sometimes it's till hard for me to think of my "little girl" walking the streets of Chicago by herself...but I know that as you are in the direct center of God's will, you are in the safest place possible!! can't wait to see you guys this weekend!!! love you, Momma Vi

Anonymous said...

I too got a few tears when I read how Jesse made you dinner and then waited until you got home at 9:00 to eat with you. What a sweetheart! He sounds so much like my Gary (Gary is so un-selfish and definitely meets my love language when he helps me around the house).

Enjoy the city!

Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying reading about your adventures in Chi-town!! I'm sure you will have a great time there--I know we always do when we visit Eric and Marti!! Next time we're there, we'll try to see you, too. You two are very special, mature young people who have a great life ahead of you!! I'm very proud of you for taking this big step!

Anonymous said...

Wow. You guys blow me away. Such adventurous spirits and faith. It's so cool to see how God is providing for you. And by the way, I teared-up, too! Love you! Monica